AI Engineering Intern
Indigo Research is a applied AI research company. We work to take the latest technologies and apply them to industry and enterprise use-cases. This provides the funding necessary to do research that would in turn, improve the technology company’s technology.
Our clients include SaaS providers, banks, telecommunications companies, and other startups.
We do research in natural language processing, education technology, and general artificial intelligence.
WHAT IS AN AI ENGINEER?
AI Engineering is all about analyzing and building applications that make use of AI technology. It involves scaling the typical machine learning libraries to the demands of enterprise and user-level applications. You'll be taking algorithms and tools from the lab, and building production grade software based off them.
The average AI engineering workday will involve deriving principles from arxiv.org or playing with models from Scikit-learn, and writing code that either improves or leverages these tools. If there are issues with performance or scalability, we take the process behind these tools and build our own open-sourced ones.
Since we’re a small company working with large industries, you’ll be expected to jump in on certain tasks from time to time. Don’t worry, we won’t ask you to make coffee unless you really want to. Coffee-making is sort of our CEO’s thing.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Developing systems that apply artificial intelligence principles to improve software and process usability.
- Designing and architecting systems that that efficiently process information.
- Making sure that the technolgy works properly regardless of scale.
- Prototyping, testing, and building APIs for our AI products.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CRUSHING IT:
- Comfortable using Python, or at least knows how to work Google and Stackoverflow.
- Familiar with building APIs and basic machine learning.
- Perpetually curious. If you’ve broken something, fixed it, broken and fixed it again, then you have our attention.
- Strong and independent woman...or man. We’re looking for a strong sense of autonomy and ownership of work. We’re not really particular with what you classify yourself as, as long as you’re not a robot out to kill us all.
- Can pass the Turing test. We believe that the best engineers are those who can effectively communicate their ideas to others.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Our work hours are as flexible as non-linear models. Get it?
- You’ll be expected to build next-generation technology. You can expect us to compensate you equivalently.
- Free, normally single-origin coffee...unless you like instant 3-in-one. We’re flexible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email [email protected] with the following:
- Your latest resume
- Github Repo URL
- The answer to the following question in 1-2 paragraphs: “How do you think AI compares to the human mind?”